One of my favorites (as well as everyone else who knows her) are her lasagna rolls. They are so simple to make and so incredibly yummy. Comfort food at its finest.
It is one of those "go to" recipes for large groups and to take to friends who have had babies :)
(I just realized you can see Blue's Clues on in the background. Thank you Steve for entertaining my daughter while I attempt to cook dinner)
Cream Cheese Lasagna Rolls
(This recipe yields approximately 30 rolls. You will need a 9x13 pan and a 9x9 pan)
Prep Time: Approximately 30 min. Cook Time: 30 min.
1 box of lasagna noodles
1 jar of marinara sauce
2 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
1 lb of regular sausage
1 bag of Mozzarella Cheese (2-4 cups based on your desired cheeziness)
1. Brown the sausage in a large skillet and drain.
2. Put the box of lasagna noodles on to boil and cook as directed on the box.
3. On medium/low, mix in two 8 ounce packages of cream cheese until it looks like this.
(at this point you must get a fork and take a bite of this yummy goodness that is sausage and cream cheese. I promise I promote healthy eating, but there are always exceptions :)
4. Drain the lasagna noodles and let cool.
5. You will cut each noodle in half as you go.
6. Put a scoop of cream cheese/sausage mixture on each piece of noodle and roll.
7. Pour a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan (this will keep the noodles from sticking).
8. Place the rolls seam down in the sauce.
9. Keep rolling until all the ingredients have been used.
10. Pour the rest of the marinara sauce on top of the lasagna rolls and cover with aluminum foil.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
12. Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top. Bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
13. Serve and devour! (these also freeze really well too!)
Yummmmmmmmmm! - A