Sunday, July 25, 2010

Heat Wave

This is what my garage has looked like for a month now:


And this is what it will look like until the sauna has been removed from my garage. Primed and ready and waiting for this heat wave to leave Oklahoma...

So what else is a teacher to do on her summer break when it is too hot to paint in my garage...

Organize my pantry:

Before:


After:



So exciting, huh? It only took me a whole day... go ahead and be jealous of my alphabetical canned goods and color coordinated storage containers...


I made over an old lamp I had from my classroom. I spray painted it white and then dressed it up with some embellishments and my trusty glue gun.

Before:
After:
(I had to put my little salvation army tea cup in the picture...isn't it cute?)


My new light fixture is up in my office!

Before:

After:

Amazing how much a light fixture can change the whole ambiance of a room.


I put together my cork board. Materials included: garage sale frame painted red, material, cork board, and staple gun.

Before:

After:
No, I still haven't hung anything on the walls yet. I am having a hard time committing! Waiting for my bookshelves to be done...hoping they will give give me direction.


Here is my desk chair that I purchased in the "as is" room at our local furniture store. I removed the seat and primed it with Kilz primer. We then spray painted it with metallic silver Valspar spray paint and then went over it with black Valspar spray paint. I then covered the seat with my staple gun using the same material I used for the message board. Not that it wasn't cute before. But now it matches my office!

Before:

After:

My chair and my Koda Bear. He loves napping by the window in my office.



Now for the big project that took up most of the month of July: Helping my friend Cindy re-do her cabinets! Kudos to her for taking on a huge project like this and they turned out fabulous!

Here is one of the Before pictures:

A few "during" photos:

As soon as the hardware is on the cabinets we will do a whole post on the process of painting and glazing cabinets. Including lots of before and after pictures.

Here's to dreaming of cooler weather...scarves, and jackets, and boots, OH MY! - A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...